cable-series/The mechanical performance of ADSS cable is mainly reflected in the maximum operating tension, average running tension and ultimate tensile strength of ADSS cable. The national standard for ordinary optical cables clearly defines the mechanical strength that optical cables with different modes of use (such as overhead, pipelines, direct burial, etc.) should have. The ADSS cable is a self-supporting overhead cable, so it must withstand the long-term effects of its gravity, and must also withstand the baptism of the natural environment, such as strong winds, rain, and snow. If the mechanical performance of the ADSS cable is not designed properly and is not compatible with the local weather, the cable will have potential safety hazards and life will be compromised. Therefore, for each ADSS cable project, it must be strictly designed according to the natural environment and span of the cable routing, to ensure that the cable has sufficient mechanical strength.
The produced ADSS cable can be divided into two types: layer stranding type and center beam tube type. Among them, the layer stranded cable has a reinforcing core of FRP, and the weight is slightly heavier than the beam tube type. At the same time, because of its operation in a high-pressure environment, according to the electric field strength, it can be divided into AT sheath corrosion-resistant type and PE sheath standard type.
The characteristics of the ADSS cable are as follows:
(1) Designed specifically for power systems, it is a self-supporting overhead cable with full insulation medium, and its structure does not contain any metal materials;
(2) Fully-insulated structure and high withstand voltage index are conducive to racking workers on overhead power lines with the live operation, without affecting line operation;
(3) The anti-strand material with high tensile strength can withstand strong tension, meet the requirements of a large span of overhead power lines, and prevent cockroaches and artificial shots;
(4) The thermal expansion coefficient of the ADSS cable is small. When the temperature changes greatly, the arc of the cable has little change, and its weight is light, and its ice and wind load are also small.
ADSS cable life
ADSS cable is installed on high-voltage transmission lines, and its general life span is more than 25 years, and many factors are affecting its life.
The main factors are:
(1) The high-voltage induced electric field gradient near the pole tower changes greatly, and the high-voltage induced electric field has strong electric corrosion to the optical cable. Generally, the VK and below overhead power lines are PE type, and the 110KV and above lines are AT type;
(2) For double-circuit poles, due to power failure or line modification of the primary circuit of the line, it should be considered when selecting the hanging point;
(3) When the line passes through the working zone with salt mist acid gas, the chemical substance will corrode the outer skin of the cable, and the electric protective cover is damaged and vulnerable to arcing;
(4) Improper construction causes damage or wear of the outer skin. It runs in a long-term high-voltage electric field, and its surface is easy to corrode. The smooth outer cable of the outer sheath can effectively reduce the electric corrosion and prolong life.